[ale] [ALE] Linux happy scanner with dual sided sheet feed?

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Mon Feb 9 11:54:01 EST 2015

+1 on the Brother printer/scanner.  I haven't had a reason to set up 'sane' for our mfc9970cdw yet - I just programmed some of the buttons w/ scanning options and some custom email addresses.  (documents or photos x me or my wife = 4 buttons)

I did have to set up a separate 'internal' mail server for it, though, as it's 'hello' didn't have domain information, and I typically reject that 'cause lazy spammers.

This particular machine is overkill from a images/month perspective, but I was tired of fighting w/ inkjets and scanners, and justified (rationalized?) it on the basis of some volunteer work I was doing.

I purchased it a few years ago from the Office Depot on Peachtree Industrial near all of those car dealerships - they matched the Amazon price online when I asked 'em about it.

later!
   horkan