[ale] DragonCon Speaker for 2015 (Linux topic)

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Thu Feb 5 09:02:22 EST 2015

Hi,
I'm a long time volunteer at DragonCon (www.dragoncon.org) and I produce
"Electronic Frontiers Forums", a track covering the intersection of
technology, politics, law, society, and activism (eff.dragoncon.org).

I'm looking for someone who knows they are coming to DragonCon and could
give a talk on systemd and some of the other newer OS services such as
firewalld, chronyd, and to some extent udev, though that's not as new.
Basically, new OS services that have prepared Linux for the mobile and
laptop era.

Working title would be "systemd: The End of Linux as We Know It".  I had
to learn systemd in the last few months and was surprised by both the
amount of change it brings to the boot process and the amount of
controversy (and forking) there is.

I know there was an ALE talk on systemd recently, and I missed it, but
I'd like to do this topic at DragonCon.  Let me know if you're
interested in giving this talk.

Thanks,
Scott