[ale] Fwd: Dell Continues Shipping Fresh Linux Laptops

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 12:54:43 EST 2015

I inherited a new mac book pro 15 with more pixels than can be seen with
a 2x magnifier.

Fedora 21 runs perfect. The only missing hardware is the built in web
cam that runs on a pci bus instead of a usb bus. The dual thunderbolt
ports work. The caveat is the device using it must be plugged in before
boot.

And I didn't have to fight with the nvidia driver on this beast. Did
have to wiggle in the kmod-wl driver from rpmfusion for wireless.

Wish they had figured out how to make the trackpad symmetric relative to
the keyboard home row instead the overall case (edges at mid-d and mid-l
make for palm/thumb strike issues). Also wish they would get over this
obsession with making the wrist area sharp metal edging.

--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain