[ale] Giga Network from Comcast

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Dec 27 23:44:44 EST 2015

According to the last Comcast employee at my house (not a contractor), there is
fibre to the box in my yard.  They put fibre in our neighborhood in 2006 and
AT&T came around 2008 and dug up the blvd to put in their fibre (and drop the
ground level 3 inches).

But you are correct.  They (all residential ISPs) make calculations around
expected subscribers for any specific hardware to be deployed. There are
neighborhoods serviced by DSL with all ports currently used, so even if all the
online tools claim that DSL service is available for an address, it is very
possible there aren't any open ports.

Wouldn't be surprised if something like that applied to 1G and higher from
Comcast.  Actually, I wouldn't expect to find out until after the order is made
and 2 service/install appointments were missed. Nobody likes to give bad news,
so they act like it wasn't requested and claim I wasn't home (when I was).
That's happened a few times with both AT*T and Comcast.  BTW, the doorbell has
always worked. ;)