[ale] Giga Network from Comcast

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Dec 27 23:13:24 EST 2015

On 12/27/2015 10:30 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
> I wonder how much and how long before it comes to Atlanta
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/27/comcast-intros-first-gigabit-cable-modem/

I believe I can get 2G service to my home today.  Don't have the exact pricing,
but thought it was $300/month and $1.5K install charge.  That doesn't include
the 10G router and NICs which are required for the connection to be useful.

Yep. I can order it for the house.  They don't offer 1G service here, just 250MB
and 2G.  1G would be preferred for me - wouldn't need to upgrade any equipment.
 2G ruins all sorts of stuff, but doesn't really fit into their pricing.

250MB = $150/month
2G = $300/month

Plus I'd have to switch to paperless billing and automatic payments. Not really
interested in that rider.