[ale] semiOT: VM for Windows

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:59:03 EST 2015

I want to install VM on my kids Windows machine but with minimal impact on
the Windows installation. I haven't used VM for a while but remember that
VMware for example was installing some kind of virtual network cards and I
guess this is true for most VM software.

Is there VM that you can run without install like from zip file?

I know for DamnsmallLinux embebded zip you can unzip it and include qemu
that you can run Linux inside qemu on Windows host.

Some other VM software like that?

Purpose: I want to make usb install flash for Alpine Linux but you have to
burn CDROM first and then from running Alpine to build flash drive. Or if
you have VM you can run iso inside VM.

Thanks :)