[ale] Fwd: Donald Trump thinks he can call Bill Gates to "close up" the internet

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Dec 10 14:54:25 EST 2015

This all reminds me that at about the same time I saw OS/2 I’d had to work on an AIX install.   That was my first time working on AIX as compared with AT&T, SCO and various other UNIX OSes and again I was not impressed by AIX.     I was sitting in a meeting with our largest customer who had specified IBM PS/2 hardware.   We were testing serial port concentrators from Digiboard and during the test we got on the subject of IBM hardware.  I told them I’d worked on IBM hardware from back in the old IBM System 34 days, through the IBM PC days and now IBM PS/2 and always though IBM made the best hardware.  I then said based on OS/2 and AIX I thought IBM shouldn’t be allowed to make operating systems.   Everyone turned around and looked at a guy and asked for his thoughts.  Unbeknownst to me this guy was not the client but rather their IBM contact.  D’oh!