[ale] Archive web page

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:30:23 EST 2015

... Avoiding JS is smart. Why let remote systems run code on yours?

How they are going to convince regular customer that the system is getting
old and slow and is time for new one...

Before M$ and Intel were blamed for that. Now we can blame all "cloud"
companies and accompanying ads leeches.

Sorry for getting off topic ...

On Wednesday, December 9, 2015, DJ-Pfulio <djpfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:

> On 12/09/2015 11:20 AM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> > I've been dealing with a kernel bug and want to document the resolution
> with
> > the software tree in SVN. Typically I print a web page to PDF, but I'd
> like
> > to copy the HTML locally instead. I've used wget in the past. Is there a
> > better way?
> >
> > The page I want to store is
> >

> http://askubuntu.com/questions/145965/how-do-i-target-a-specific-driver-for-libata-kernel-parameter-modding
> >

> > I also have some more pages. My goal is to just document the pages I
> > referenced in solving the issue.
> >

> PDF should only be used when page layout is mandatory.  If you just need
> the
> information (text + images), then HTML is a much better format.
>
> wget isn't bad. lynx and curl might work too.  The real issue is whether
> you
> need JS or not.  Stripping JS from pages is easy - just use a text/simple
> browser ... dillo comes to mind.
>
> Avoiding JS is smart. Why let remote systems run code on yours?

Sent from Gmail Mobile