[ale] simple ATA device

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Dec 8 14:47:49 EST 2015

On 12/08/2015 01:24 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I wonder if you could get this device to talk to an Asterisk server
> (after you reflash it, of course)?

I would bet yes!

I've had an HT-502 for years. Had it working with Asterisk and FreeSwitch as
well as skype (used as the primary phone for about 6 months).  SIP is a standard
protocol, so if you can get passed the BasicTalk auto-configuration, then these
devices should talk to any SIP server, local or remote, just fine.

My HT-502 is on a 10.x.x.x network connected to a comcast router that forwards
multiple static, public, IPs to my router. It sits outside my network, but
inside the comcast router.  Double-NAT never worked that well for it.