[ale] Beginning Android Coding

DjPfulio DjPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Dec 7 13:14:36 EST 2015

Tried to get into Android development with a friend of mine a few years ago. He was developing on windows with Eclipse and I wanted to develop on Linux by mirroring his environment. After about a week of manually touching configuration files for Eclipse, I gave up.

Btw, I was a C / C++ developer and we mirrored environments across many different platforms all the time.

It's frustrating when a cross-platform tool like Eclipse for Java doesn't work that way.

Of course the other alternative is that I was just too stupid to figure it out. Definitely give me make and vim over any complicated IDE. Especially one is bloated as Eclipse.

 Looked at ant back in the mid nineties and realize that XML is not human readable.

IMHO.