[ale] Ubuntu driving me crazy (14.04)

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Fri Aug 21 12:43:58 EDT 2015

Run memtest on the box for hours (let it complete) to see if there's an
issue. I'm not an Ubuntu person but I know it's supposed to installed
far easier/better than that.
Try a different distro to see if it's hitting an obscure hardware
issue. Try a fedora install to see if it also fails. Also try a live CD
of some type to see how it runs.
Firefox is the most complete, open-source license browser that mostly
does evereything it's supposed to. The most recent 40.0 release is very
unstable and I suspect it will be upgraded very soon.
There are a bunch of browsers to try. I switched to icecat ( a firefox
rebuild from gnu) while firefox is being flaky.