[ale] Desktop 32GB of RAM

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 07:41:55 EDT 2015

When I go to customer sites for Puppet engagements, I spin up anywhere from 4-8 VMs right off the back via Vagrant + Virtualbox.  This is on an 8G Macbook Pro Retina.  I’d love to have a ton more RAM, but would need extreme portability.  Further, being a “road warrior”, the chassis needs to be solid, so I generally have to pick my battles in regards to how many VMs I can have running.  I stay toward 4, but have been known to do 8 simultaneously.

I guess it all depends on your use case.  Knowing you like I do, I’m guessing you’re doing some heavyweight things in Perl, yes?

Jerald Sheets
questy at gmail.com