[ale] Anyone out here using PowerDNS?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:45:04 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Scott Bragg <walkingbear at gmail.com> wrote:

> My TTL in my SOA records for my zones is 2 minutes.
> Every two minutes, my masters poll the DB and pull the SOA records to see
> if the serial as been incremented.
> Even if the serial has not changed, it still initiates a pull from the DB
> of the entire zone file.   It does not initiate a a notify to the slaves.

Does the serial in the record match the `notified_serial` in the domains
table? Are you using autoserial[1]? Basically, I have no idea. My master
has it's database on the same system. The only data transfer is when a
slave needs to AXFR. Where they pull the SOA and what they do with it isn't
immediately obvious to me when looking at the source code, so I can't
investigate from there.

You may be able to get a quick answer from #powerdns on irc.oftc.net

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.dns.powerdns.user/11807

--
James Sumners
http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)