[ale] Monitor Internet Traffic

Darrell Golliher darrell at golliher.net
Wed Aug 12 14:31:36 EDT 2015

Anybody have a easy to use way to listen in on a network connection that uses a line based text protocol?  In other words something that taps into a telnet connection, but on a custom port.    I’m looking for something to show me exactly what is transpiring between my networked Sharp TV and the Sharp remote control app.

I tried wireshark, though I’m completely unskilled in its use.  What it produces for me does not look like the text based traffic I’m looking for.

tia,

Darrell

—http://golliher.net