[ale] Ruby vs C, a non-technical chat

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Aug 6 13:15:05 EDT 2015

Well, that'd be two of us.

All the functionality needed is built into the framework there, the managed program shouldn't be more than a few hundred KB...

Unless they reimplemented everything, or use their own library instead of the framework, but I couldn't say without seeing the compiled assemblies they created. Of course if they are converting async to sync, that will add a little overhead code, but not that much.

And just as with Python or ruby, it's difficult to prove the security of a program running in the CLR without first proving the security of the VM and the libraries. At least it JITs a function the first time it is executed instead of waiting until it has decided that it is "hot".

Sent from my iPad