[ale] returned to the list...

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Sep 25 19:13:58 EDT 2014

I'll jump in, and true to recent form, right back out. :)

Fedora and CentOS, depending on the reason for the system. Why? Because I can very easily support dozens and dozens of the boxes while lifting very few fingers. It's not ideal---and believe you me, no distribution is, yet. The closer I get to end-users, the more I realize the truth that it isn't about the system. It isn't even about the support. It is about the ability to provide SUPERIOR support with minimum resources. An ideal distribution would cover that on all consumer visible fronts. We posixheads are great great great with the stuff the end user doesn't see or the PHB doesn't support. We need to become better about the other area in the pool...

Anyway I am throwing away today's soapbox. Back to your regular chatter....

Sent from my iPad