[ale] MythTV and Schedules Direct

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 24 10:08:59 EDT 2014

JD <jdp at algoloma.com> writes:

> On 09/23/2014 11:34 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Sometimes I get tired of debugging these kinds of things and want them
>> to "just work"  :(
>

> Well, is it worth $800-$900?  That's a TiVo and lifetime schedule
> subscription.  I have one, but it doesn't work with digital or hidef.
> Don't forget the hassles using TiVo - not upgradeable, limited
> storage, hassles getting anything off it, doesn't work with **any**
> online videos-just those they like, etc.

Oh, I know.

I've been a MythTV user since....  0.12?  A long time.

I think my issues right now are hardware, not software.  Frequent
reboots seem to help, which is yet another reason I think this.  It's
weird, because I'm using only HDHR inputs off an OTA antenna so there's
nothing that the backend should *HAVE* to do computationally, but I'm
seeing the CPU core spike up to like 100% when I start seeing my data
loss issues.

I plan to deploy a new slave backend today (if I can get it set up in
time), hoping that will help.

-derek