[ale] Ddos attack

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:57:39 EDT 2014

I was trying to send out email this morning, and my smtp server hung,
times out. So I used my secondary gmail account to send messages. I sent
an email to Asmallorange asking for help, and got this reply:

Unfortunately the primary IP of andrea.asmallorange.com (108.165.20.46) has been null routed to mitigate a DDoS attack, this null route will be removed very soon, in the meantime you should be able to use your domain name 'pcartwright.com' as the incoming/outgoing mail server, let us know if you're having any trouble with that.

would be nice if they would have told me this.. I can GET email ( IMAP) from that, but I just can't send.
--
Paul Cartwright