[ale] [Mildly OT] Personal bliss or world conquest?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 10:05:36 EDT 2014

What I call "mental flexibility" my wife calls "waffling". Mine at
least sounds dignified. This has been running around in my head for a
few years now. Would appreciate perspectives, if you have them. Or
just more coffee recommendations; I will get to ATL eventually...

Solving technical problems, including some systems programming, is fun
to me. I can get lost in it and be happy. However, I'm not a "real"
programmer in that my work seldom gets more than a hundred or two
lines of code and I only know the basics in a couple languages.

Solving big problems is challenging. I've done datacenter project
management and been successful. Especially since I often complain
about "nobody fixing the real issues". I like fixing them but they
aren't as personally fun.

I'm not looking for a job but am looking to define my job to be what I
want to do. I just wish I knew what I wanted to do...

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission