[ale] Wireless multiple connections

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Sep 12 16:04:20 EDT 2014

I've spent some time creating Onion Pi on Beagle Bone Black. I have it working well with 3 modes of operation.

1. AP
2. Tor
3. VPN to UK.

3 was a doozy. I turned on a cloud server in a London data center then created a VPN between.

I'm working on adding an interface to the BBB DIO to switch modes via switch.

Currently I'm using a TP-Link nano router on eth0 to link the BBB to my home network. I would like to do what other
devices do and create a WISP type connection using the same USB wireless dongle that is being run in managed mode.

I found this

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/iw/vif/

Is this possible? My other option is adding another USB wireless adapter and having that connect back to the home network.

Chris