[ale] systemd or not

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:59:00 EDT 2014

E != Gnome :-(

E has a reputation for long devel cycles and really good stuff on release.
Gnome cranks out stuff ans usually hits date targets and often delivers
crap but occasionally hands over a jewel. I need to look at E again. Been a
long time.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > WHY? Bad design. HOW? The newly redesigned bonobo-replacement
> interconnect
> > tool is a virtual reed-switched power relay. It chunks a (tiny) wad of
> data
> > around then changes to the next desktop thing to do more. It can't thread
> > well or else it will connect to two ends of the needed pipe and setup
> both
> > as sender or receivers and then it goes into a spasm of tear-down/rebuild
> > to keep the data flowing. Thus the sound on certain gnome configurations
> is
> > beyond abysmal. And the rest of the performance follows it into the
> toilet.
> > Sad. Looks pretty but runs like a snail. Certain hardware combos are
> > particularly bad.
> >

> The exact problem the Enlightenment group solved before the would even
> deign to consider an official release --
> http://docs.enlightenment.org/auto/evas/evas_main.html
>

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
> personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
> corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
> condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*