[ale] OT - SED drive compatibility

LnxGnome lnxgnome at hopnet.net
Mon Sep 8 14:43:39 EDT 2014

On 9/8/14 2:23 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:
>
>> My biggest issue with this approach is that each system requires manual
>> intervention to come up.  We already have our Oracle drones insisting that
>> they bring Oracle up manually....sigh.
>> Luckily, our HIPAA compliant systems are all Windows-based, and a problem
>> for another team :D
>> We do have some PCI systems, and that is an unbelievable list of
>> requirements, down to not locating PCI VMs on the same virtualization host
>> as non-PCI VMs.
>>
> I would like to see the logic behind that last one!

   Assuming "that one" is not locating PCI VMs on the same vHost as
non-PCI VMs... It's something along the line that a non-PCI box could be
compromised easier than a PCI complaint box, which could in turn lead
the the virtualization environment being compromised, which could lead
to invasive access to the PCI compliant box.

--LnxGnome (who also has to deal with PCI)