[ale] Open Source Test Bank Oriented Test/Exam Generator

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Sep 5 23:44:54 EDT 2014

For what its worth - some of those ideas lacking sufficient time sound
lovely. Would you be interested in a little financial aid to clone
yourself??

On the way home from dropping off the girl friend the blue mush in
the skull wondered off by itself. Dangerous that. Cutting to the chase -
would it be a big nightmare to put something together for 1 semester
courses using perhaps the layout engine of LibreOffice, a modest database
engine, and scripting glue. Enter each question with the chapter & section
numbers to use for selection at first - and randomly hit appropriate
questions until the test is long enough. Randomize the order, add good
looking headers and footers, and publish to any of a number of appropriate
media/formats.

I know I'm missing an entire Omaha Beach landing zone worth of mines here,
but is this vaguely feasable?

Of course the problem at the moment is finding somebody who _needs_ to
scratch this particular itch for those of us who seem to lack the ability
(me).