[ale] gui design is crap

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:11:33 EDT 2014

I'm setting up Ovirt, the VMWare killer from RedHat, and they have done
what many other places have done, designed a UI where the difference
between active tab and others is so damn subtle as to be nearly invisible.
The difference is the text changes from black to a dark blue-gray and a
shadow disappears. A common thing that does work is the make the active tab
font BOLD but I gus that didn't make the cut.

This ranks up there with making CD/DVD eject button the same black color as
the rest of the faceplate.

Yes. Some 14 year old kid can see it but in 30 years those eyes will be
fading as well.

</rant>

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*