[ale] OT(ish) Sold or stolen?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Sep 3 21:01:00 EDT 2014

I don't receive ANY spam on my spam at domain.com address (actually just an inbound
alias).  Get about 5 spams a week to my real addresses - using ... well let me
get the filter settings now (all on 1 line):

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination,reject_invalid_hostname,reject_n
on_fqdn_recipient,check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/rbl_override, reject_non
_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_rbl_client dnsbl.njabl.org ,
reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org , reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net , reject_rb
l_client dnsbl.sorbs.net , reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org

>From time to time, gmail and yahoomail are in those dnsbl ---- I see that as a
good thing.  It is a soft way to let people know who use those services that the
service isn't perfect and those services ARE part of the problem.  If there
weren't free email addresses, people would be more accountable. Email providers
would be blocked for abuse more often and the spammers wouldn't have free reign
to spew their crap on the world without repercussions. At least, that is my
theory, tonight, after 3 beers, while watching a little boob-tube.