[ale] Epel repo for CentOS

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue Sep 2 13:08:36 EDT 2014

>From the CentOS.org site:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories?highlight=%28repositories%29

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX Administrator

DS Services of America, Inc.
5660 New Northside Drive NW
Suite 250
Atlanta, GA  30328

P: 678-486-3516
C: 678-772-0018
F: 678-460-3603
E: jlightner at dsservices.com

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of Adrya Stembridge
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 10:42 AM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] Epel repo for CentOS

nux repo is useful:
http://li.nux.ro/repos.html

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Sean Kilpatrick <kilpatms at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff,
> When I installed CentOS the repo list included base, extras, and
> updates. I have added rpmforge and epel. The originally installed
> repos did not provide a number of desktop functions and applications,
> especially for a KDE desktop, which I prefer.
>
> What other repos are available from CentOS that provide non-RHEL stuff
> -- especially apps that permit the playback of common video codecs
> that appear throughout the web?
>
> Sean

> On Tue, 2014-09-02 at 13:53 +0000, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> > CentOS has its own extended repositories similar to those the EPEL
> provides.
>
> > The point in the EPEL is to provide things for RHEL that aren't
> *officially* supported by RedHat.
>
> > CentOS is supposed to be a binary compile of RHEL sources but it
> > does
> have extended repositories of
>
> > non-RHEL stuff.   I'd expect things in the EPEL to work in CentOS but
> not necessarily vice-versa
>
> > for things in CentOS' extended repositories.
> >
> > Jeffrey C. Lightner
> > Sr. UNIX Administrator
> >
> > DS Services of America, Inc.
> > 5660 New Northside Drive NW
> > Suite 250
> > Atlanta, GA  30328
> >
> > P: 678-486-3516
> > C: 678-772-0018
> > F: 678-460-3603
> > E: jlightner at dsservices.com

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo

Athena®, Created for the Cause(tm)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged

or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended

recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,

copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information

is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic

transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that

you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you