[ale] Have a hardware question on no POST

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Tue Oct 21 12:10:37 EDT 2014

It sounds like either the CPU/memory is not seated correctly or the PSU
is not providing enough power to some part of the system. I've seen this
behavior from systems when I forgot to plug in the 6-pin 12v rail to the
discreet graphics card. I've also seen it when the PSU was not supplying
enough power to the connected devices (eg. old 400W PSU while using a
discreet card w/ minimum power req. of 400W).

Since you're not using a discreet card and everything else on the system
is new. Assuming it's all seated correctly I'd check the outputs on the
ATX connector and the 4-pin 12v rail (going to the motherboard) with a
multimeter and make sure they're supplying the rated voltage and amperage.

Ted W. <ted at xy0.org>