[ale] Red Hat User Group Atlanta meeup: Tomorrow

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:42:05 EDT 2014

Most of it applies to both 5 and 6.  tuned only 6 and 7, though it might have been added for 5, I've not worked on one of those in a few years, but it's an easy bolt-on with the tuned package, so they might have ported it to 5 as well.  I wrote the preso for 7, and tuned for 7 has a bunch of systemd things now, but the basic mechanics of switching profiles is largely unchanged from earlier versions.  The big difference with 7 is what happens when the profile is activated.

I mean, the preso is an hour +/-, so how crazy can I really get?  Realize that the Perf Tuning class RH offers is 4 days...

-Scott