[ale] sponsoring registrar

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:15:06 EDT 2014

Ouch. That's a mess.

Get ready to prove a death with a death certificate.

For the moment, the easiest thing will be to contact the site hosting
provider and the name service provider and offer to pay what ever they need
to turn it all back on and allow time for the paperwork for an official
transfer to take place. Once the site is live, you can get a wget copy and
prepare to migrate it to a new site host.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Todor Fassl <fassl.tod at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a member of a non-profit. Years ago, one of our members set up a web
> site and put everything in his name. Well, he died and now the web site is
> down. Well, it's "suspended" which I take to mean we haven't paid for the
> web site since the guy died.
>
> I'd like to get our domain named moved to another site while we get the
> billing worked out. But the domain name is in the dead guy's name too. I
> think I can contact the sponsoring registrar to get the domain name back,
> right? Below is a dump of the output from whois with the dead guy's name
> and address changed for privacy purposes. I should contact enom.com to
> regain control over our domain, right?
>
> Domain Name:example-domain.ORG
> Domain ID: D81913102-LROR
> Creation Date: 2002-02-23T17:22:49Z
> Updated Date: 2014-01-25T09:55:06Z
> Registry Expiry Date: 2015-02-23T17:22:49Z
> Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
> Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
> WHOIS Server:
> Referral URL:
> Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
> Registrant ID:0E9E3D0F53574546
> Registrant Name:John Doe
> Registrant Organization:Acme Business Consultants, Inc
> Registrant Street: 1234 Elm St.
> Registrant City:McFarland
> Registrant State/Province:WI
> Registrant Postal Code:53558
> Registrant Country:US
> Registrant Phone:+1.555-555-5555
> Registrant Phone Ext:
> Registrant Fax: +1.0000000000
> Registrant Fax Ext:
> Registrant Email:john.doe at bogus.com
> Admin ID:0E9E3D0F53574546
> Admin Name:John Doe
> Admin Organization:Acme Business Consultants, Inc
> Admin Street: 1234 Elm St.
> Admin City:McFarland
> Admin State/Province:WI
> Admin Postal Code:53558
> Admin Country:US
> Admin Phone:+1.555-555-5555
> Admin Phone Ext:
> Admin Fax: +1.0000000000
> Admin Fax Ext:
> Admin Email:john.doe at bogus.com
> Tech ID:0E9E3D0F53574546
> Tech Name:John Doe
> Tech Organization:Acme Business Consultants, Inc
> Tech Street: 1234 Elm St.
> Tech City:McFarland
> Tech State/Province:WI
> Tech Postal Code:53558
> Tech Country:US
> Tech Phone:+1.555-555-5555
> Tech Phone Ext:
> Tech Fax: +1.0000000000
> Tech Fax Ext:
> Tech Email:john.doe at bogus.com
> Name Server:NS91.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
> Name Server:NS92.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
> Name Server:
> Name Server:
> Name Server:
> Name Server:
> Name Server:
> Name Server:
> Name Server:
> Name Server:
> Name Server:
> [...]

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*