[ale] ALE central Thursday 10-16-2014 7:30pm

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 12:40:20 EDT 2014

Sorry for the late email, but I wanted to say a big "thank you" to
Michael and all those that participated in this meeting.  I thoroughly
enjoyed the discussion and post meeting conversations.

Thanks again folks.  It was a pleasure.

Preston

On 10/15/2014 2:05 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> TOPIC - Systemd: Love it, hate it, it's here!
>
> A general discussion of systemd with no real focus other than to
> dispel myths and introduce the system to those who have had it forced
> upon them.  Q&A will be taken, of course, if there is time.
>
> There's not a lot to say: for most people, it's completely under the
> hood.  For the rest, we'll talk a bit about all that can be done with it:
> > udev
> > systemd journal
> > D-Bus, KD-Bus, PolicyKit
> > Multi-seat
> > Easy service prototyping and development
> > Virtual machines as system services
> > And more!
>
> BIO - Michael B. Trausch is an independent consultant and developer
> performing all manner of IT services using free software, including
> network systems administration and programming (in many different and
> often disliked languages).  He works from home (when everything is
> going well...) and devotes much of his time to parenting his kids Ben
> and Amelia.  He is an advocate for free software, public education,
> and freedom in general, accepting the responsibilities that
> come with it.  He is also obsessed with typography and Unicode, and
> drinks way too much coffee.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss