[ale] Satellite 6 opinions?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 10:08:12 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Scott McBrien <smcbrien at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think 5.10 would be better.  But again, you have to be using extended
> life subscriptions on those boxes.  If you let them expire when the initial
> 7 years of RHEL4 was up, you won't have the bits to allow them to join sat6.

I could get by with not having support for the RHEL4 boxes. I only have 6
of them, and I _really_ hate the software that we have to have them for.
Thankfully, that software is being EOLed in ~14 months. So I can hopefully
kick it to the curb soon(ish).

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59