[ale] Best way to use both Windows and Linux?

Vernard Martin vernard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 20:51:09 EDT 2014

On 10/13/2014 12:40 PM, Paul Storey wrote:
> ALE List,
>
> For people here who use both Windows and Linux, how do you manage it?
>
> 1) Have separate Windows and Linux partitions available for dual boot,
> 2) Install Windows as a hypervisor and run Linux in a VM, or
> 3) Install Linux as a hypervisor and run Windows in a VM ?
>
> Each method seems to have it's pros and cons. I'm curious what others
> are doing.
I have separate machines for windows and Linux. Machines are cheap
enough these days that its easier to keep them separate. I use both OSes
on a daily basis. Haven't had any real issues. But then again, ,my
entire house is wired Cat5E and I keep most of the servers in the
basement where the noise doesn't bother me.