[ale] OT Maybe Shellshock on Windows?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Oct 8 11:43:25 EDT 2014

Many applications bundle in Cygwin (nonnative POSIX layer for Windows) or MSYS (native ports of POSIX software, including bash).

Would like to see the file it reported in, but it probably is from an app that is written by someone that hasn't paid attention to the world and hasn't released an update. Updating the bash shell by hand will eliminate the problem. And let the vendor know, and stop using their software.

Sent from my iPad