[ale] [Semi-ot rant] Why is obtaining a cell phone battery such a degrading experience?

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Wed Oct 8 10:19:10 EDT 2014

Thanks for the lead on Anker.    If HTC says they don't sell new
replacements I guess aftermarket is the only choice.   I like having a
real supplier with a real address and phone number and somewhere my wife
can sue if it blows half of my face off.    Sounds like Anker is a real
company.    I'll call them and try to confirm the right part for a
BTR6425B HTC battery.

Meanwhile, I tried one of the counterfeit batteries, and the phone
didn't last overnight.   I'll run a Nova battery test once it recharges
and call the credit card company and dispute the charge.