[ale] x2go part deux - gnome

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue Oct 7 11:08:13 EDT 2014

Anyone have ideas on how to make an X window fit within a single or allow me to have scroll bars to go up and/or across if it doesn’t within a Gnome 2.x?

Specifically I’m interested in making this work in an x2go Windows 7 client displaying the desktop from a RHEL6 server.

DETAILS:
OK I successfully got x2go installed on a couple of RHEL6 servers and also got the Windows 7 client installed.   I’m now able to see the gnome desktop (default for RHEL6) on the client and able to open various X windows within the desktop.

The specific application I’m using although it is launching an X window is being kicked off by a Java process.   I’ve noticed that its borders are not reachable (either in the x2go session or in the Hyper-V console [I don’t have a choice about Hyper-V as the hypervisor so don’t tell me to change it]).   I don’t really think this is an x2go issue per se since their web site says it should work in Gnome 2.x without any work arounds but I’m trying to figure out how I can put scroll bars on this so the users can navigate within the X window it spawns OR see it all at once within Gnome.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX Administrator

DS Services of America, Inc.
5660 New Northside Drive NW
Suite 250
Atlanta, GA  30328

P: 678-486-3516
C: 678-772-0018
F: 678-460-3603
E: jlightner at dsservices.com

Athena®, Created for the Cause™

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged

or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended

recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,

copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information

is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic

transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that

you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.