[ale] movie files to convert to mp4 format ideas ?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Mon Nov 17 06:36:05 EST 2014

ffmpeg is what you want. From the man pages,
"ffmpeg [[infile options][-i infile]]... {[outfile options] outfile}..."
I never use any options so mine typically looks like this,
ffmpeg -i something.mp4 something.mp3

That converted a video to an audio only mp3. ffmpeg handles avi, mpeg and a
bunch of others. Never use it enough to bother scripting so can not help
there.

William