[ale] too many logins

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 13:39:34 EST 2014

The biggest problem is that the login screen gets crowded with the names
of other users who have logged in recently. Students don't see the box
to enter a different user ID so they reboot the machine which kills off
any  matlab or sage jobs somebody else might have started. After a
reboot, the login screen has maybe one or two names on it. There must be
some fairly complex algorithm for determining who gets on that list
because I cannot see a pattern.