[ale] too many logins

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Nov 11 12:50:14 EST 2014

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2009/03/02/automatically-logout-ssh-sessions-after-period-of-inactivity/

or

autolog (never used this)

I'd have weekly reboots at 5am Sundays too, just to cleanup stuff on lab PCs
too. It would be posted on the door, clearly.

You could only allow 1 of the machines to be accessed from outside the lab
subnet, then use that machine to throttle remote connections with a mix of
sshd_config and iptables settings too.  tcp-wrappers will handle limiting on all
the other boxes.

I'm fairly certain there are small holes in these methods, but it should be good
enough for engineering students.