[ale] hacking the Acer chromebook 13

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 15:27:41 EST 2014

My thoughts exactly except Fedora 21 has a "Workstation" release for arm.

Really all I'm looking for is ability to run firefox and open the VPN to
work and run spice for full screen remote desktop.

Oh. and do it for 8+ hours unplugged :-)

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM, JD <jdp at algoloma.com> wrote:

> On 11/07/2014 02:11 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > I tried it but the reboot was a total fail - long beeps and no exit
> other than
> > power off and run a recovery install. May need to retry if there's been
> an
> > update to crouton.
>

> ARM is going to be an issue for all but the most standard programs.

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*