[ale] OT: single rail 12V PSU, NUC, and you

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Thu Nov 6 14:42:48 EST 2014

On 11/06/2014 02:02 PM, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> Questions:
>
> 1.  do I need to load down a PS other leads to power it up (perhaps
> jumper to say "it is connected") and will it hurt the PS?

I can at least answer this one. You just need to short the green wire on
the ATX connector (20/24 pin connector) to ground. I've done this with
an old power supply at the house that I use as a cheap-O bench supply
for testing old hardware by wiring all of the 3v, 5v, 12v and ground
wires to separate banana plugs. Been using it like this for several
months with no noticeable effect on the PSU.

--
Ted W. <ted at xy0.org>