[ale] xfs vs. ext4

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:11:04 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Chuck Payne <terrorpup at gmail.com> wrote:

> Expanding with lvextend worked great, but the not know that resize2fs
> would not work with XFS is my main issue, I am not to sure about XFS,
> something I do have to reduce a file system, and I know how to do it right.

Notice that I had put a "-r" in your lvextend command. It should
automatically attempt to resize the file system after extending the volume.
XFS is in the list of supported file systems for that operation.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59