[ale] Linux Smart Phone Recs

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:17:15 EST 2014

I'm (with some dread) giving-in and buying a "smart" phone.

I seem always to turn a tech buying decision into a big "thing." I fear
that as I learn of all the proprietary tech, backdoors and privacy rights
stomping I will become angry and despondent.  But here goes...

What stay ye Linux enthusiasts -- what phone should I buy for the Sprint
network?

My inclination is to use Cyanogenmod.

I prefer a phone that allows me use the machine in any way I see fit. If I
want to repurpose the thing as calculator, that's my choice.

Is this Holy War fodder -- hope not?

Cheers and TIA.