[ale] zypper install remove conundrum, kindly help

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Thu May 29 17:11:13 EDT 2014

Fixed zypp.conf and was able to install multi versions.

What is the way do this from command line as in thru zypper command and not
have to edit zypp.conf on each box ?
Hi:

Thank you for your time and attention in advance.

I have buillt an rpm like this

Code:

narahari-test-80-1.noarch.rpm
narahari-test-81-1.noarch.rpm

When I install the narahari-test-80-1.noarch.rpm using the command

Code:

sudo zypper -vvv --non-interactive in -C narahari-test.noarch=80-1

the version 80 gets installed.

Now when I go and try

Code:

sudo zypper -vvv --non-interactive in -C narahari-test.noarch=81-1

the install goes thru fine.

However when I do
Code:

rpm -qa | grep narahari

I see only
Code:

narahari-test-81-1

As you can see the
Code:

narahari-test-80-1

is not available and it is getting removed and 81 is taking its place.

My requirement is that both of these should be available side by side

So not sure what I am doing wrong or I have understood wrong about packages

PS: If I install the rpm's directly using the
Code:

rpm -ivh <rpm name>

command, both rpm's co exist in the rpm db

Can I please get some help ?

Thank you for your time and attention in advance.

-Narahari