[ale] Quick (5 words or less), Brand / Model recommendation...

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue May 27 10:34:16 EDT 2014

THANKS EVERYONE for the input on this.

Went with the Buffalo WZR-HP-300-NH2 (or some other dyslexic
version of that string) since it came ready to plug and play with
DD-WRT installed.

Purchased from Fry's for ~$60.00.  They had many on the shelf, brown
boxes with prominent DDWRT stickers -- a couple other DD-WRT models
on the shelf as well.

Sales help immediately knew what I was asking for and why (of course,
the prominent penguin on my Atlanta Linux Enthusiast - Lisa '04  T-shirt
might have been a hint).

Installed it at Atlanta Friends Meeting house on Sunday - total no brainer.
MUCH better range than the old Linksys it replaced -- was showing solid
signal across the whole 60yds of the of the meeting space.

in peace, with appreciation for this community,
aaron