[ale] Is this BS?

John Heim john at johnheim.com
Thu May 22 17:10:38 EDT 2014

I am currently talking with someone who claims Windows is more secure
than linux "out of the box". Is the following comment by him BS? I can't
find anything on google and I've never heard there is anything you have
to do after installing debian or ubuntu to make it secure.

 > Most distros (Debian and Ubuntu for example, as I've already pointed
out) come with services running
 > that don't need to be by default and no default block input policy.
obviously this doesn't make one more
 > secure than another, but a user needs to know to disable those, or
bind them to loopback or even just