[ale] one kernel module, multiple devices

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Fri May 16 15:48:53 EDT 2014

Are you sure your “HBA” is using the mp2sas driver?   Tape drives aren’t typically SAS in my experience nor do they typically allow for multiple paths like disk drives do so there would be little reason to put them on a RAID style controller.

Here we use the PERC (LSI OEM) on Dell but if we’re doing disk array or tapes we’re presenting them via Qlogic fibre HBAs.

I’m curious what software you have that lets you manage the LSI RAID from the OS level.