[ale] Email system

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu May 15 11:52:13 EDT 2014

> For email, I've found that this year both Gmail and Yahoo have gotten
> overly aggressive with their spam filtering (with no easy way for the
> recipient to white list senders) and that caused me GREAT inconvenience
> when sending drafts of my article to my editor at his Gmail account
> and to others.

My servers end up blocking yahoo mail servers a bunch.  This is due to some
dynamic block lists determining that a specific yahoo mailserver is spamming.

OTOH, since I run the block list controls, whitelisting isn't too hard.

There is an issue with bellsouth.net blocking my server. I think a foolish user
forwarded all email from the domain to their .net account.  I prevent that now,
but the damage was done.  Bellsouth.net doesn't seem to pay attention to their
block-removal form either.