[ale] LDAP Authentication Issue

Sam Davis aracthabar at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:02:26 EDT 2014

In this situation, I am just talking about ssh access to the machine.
The account works for a while then stops working, but not on every
machine at the same time.  It may work on machine X for a few days
before it stops, while machine Y works continuously.  Sometimes the
account is not there at all (i.e. an 'id username' returns 'Unknown id:
username') and sometimes the account is there, but the group membership
isn't. In all cases, shutting down nslcd, waiting a sec, and restarting
it has fixed the problem.

Sam