[ale] Anyone have a source for a dumb terminal?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon May 12 16:23:25 EDT 2014

http://www.norhtec.com/products/mcjrsx/index.html

Get the one with serial ports, boot from a CF, bolt it to the back of cheap
monitor. It's too low power to run much of anything (puppy linux runs on
i486 SX - no floating point unit - dang that was a long time back!).

or this one:

http://www.norhtec.com/products/surfboard/index.html

$119 keyboard with system embedded. Can use TV as display for extra $10.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at dsservices.com>wrote:

>   Another department just asked me about this and said they are having a
> hard time finding one for less than $500.
>

> I suggested they just put in a laptop with terminal emulation but
> apparently this is going to a remote site and they’re afraid something like
> that might disappear.
>

> I gather they just need any terminal that would do the old RS232 9600 baud
> and run in VT100 mode but I’m not sure what the server/application is.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Athena®, Created for the Cause™
>
> Making a Difference in the Fight Against Breast Cancer
>

> ---------------------------------
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
> information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you
> are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
> use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.
> If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply
> immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and
> delete it. Thank you.

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*