[ale] Debian serial ports

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Mon May 5 04:04:49 EDT 2014

I don't think isapnp would do anything with serial ports. Check BIOS for
enabling serial ports first with proper I/O, IRQ numbers. The other day I
needed serial port to communicate with one embedded board. Took me about 15
minutes to find out that serial port one was set differently in BIOS than
3F8-4 and picocom wont speak with the device. Test were done with latest
Puppy Linux not Debian!